SOŠ and SOU Horky nad Jizerou
We are a state school specialized in tourism, gastronomy and agriculture, providing multi-level education. The school takes part in EU programs for vocational education Leonardo da Vinci and Tandem and was awarded with European Quality Prize and the National Seal of Quality. The school is also a training school IVP of Czech Agricultural University in Prague.
The school took third place in the competition „Secondary school of the school year 2013/14“ in the area of Central bohemian region.
- Creating of non-anonymous pleasant surrounding with good interpersonal relationships for students, but at the same time providing of high educational, pedagogical and working objectives.
- Applying team cooperation in practical classes concerning on working activities in close cooperation with selected partners.
- To give chance to maximum number of students to participate in short term work experience abroad – the target countries are Italy, Germany, Austria, Cyprus and Slovakia.
Characteristics and school concept:
- The main focus is education of students and adult workers in lifelong education.
- The school is concerned on gastronomy, tourism and agriculture, providing multi-level education.
- The school has regional impact.
- For getting of basic skills the students have practical training in the best companies of the region.
- The school-leavers find jobs without difficulties.
- The school provides additional services as catering, accommodation, transport of people, organizing of children camps, courses, seminars and requalification in allowed branches.
- The school accepts for short term work experience students and adults from European Union countries.
4-year graduation courses
This course prepares students for practical performance and for business activities connected with public catering. General education is structured as language education, social science and science education. Practical education provides the students´ knowledge and skills from gastronomy, economics, accounting, IT and other subjects. Graduates are prepared for practical performance in public catering in restaurants, cafés and hotels. Studies are finished with a final exam "Maturita". After finishing this course it is possible to continue with university studies.
65-42-M/02 Tourism services
General and practical preparation is enlarged in culture studies, at least two foreign languages education, law-economics subjects and other special preparation for the tourism branch. Graduates can be employed in accommodation services, public catering, transport services, travel agency, spa services, etc. Studies are finished with a final exam "Maturita". After finishing this course it is possible to continue with university studies.
This course focuses on production of desserts. Practical education takes place in school workshop and in selected restaurants in the region. Studies are finished with a vocational certificate. Graduates can continue with further education in Enterprise course.
This course focuses 2/3 on food preparation and 1/3 on serving skills. Practical education takes place in a school canteen and in a school wine bar and also in selected restaurants and hotels. Students participate on preparation of public catering events in the region. Studies are finished with a vocational certificate. Graduates can continue with further education in Enterprise course.
Graduates can provide garden services in plant production branch. Students are prepared for activities such as multiplying fruit and ornamental material, growing flowers, fruit and vegetables, etc. Graduates can make garden improvements and arrangements (e.g. family ornamental or utility gardens, public green arrangements, etc.) Studies are finished with a vocational certificate. Graduates can continue with further education in Enterprise course.
This course is suitable for girls and boys. Students are given financial help from Central bohemian region. This course is focused on wide professional preparation (basic agricultural economy, mechanization services, repairs, animal breeding, fruit and vegetable products growing). This course includes preparation and obtaining driving licence T, B, C. Studies are finished with a vocational certificate. There is a possibility of further education in Enterprise course.
2-year extension courses
This course is for 3-year course graduates. Education focuses on economic and business subjects. Graduates can take place in economics, manager activities in companies or they can run their own business. Studies are finished with a final exam "Maturita". Graduates can also continue with university studies.